Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Eat All You Can Lunch Buffet at River City Restaurant

Have you guys been to River City Restaurant at Excelsior Hotel for their Dian Xin, a-la-carte lunch buffet ? I just did over last Friday, together with my promo mgmt team mates. A pity joyce couldnt join us there...

This was my second time eating at the restaurant being the first time during Chinese New Year early this year where I went there for "Lou Hei" with my ex-colleague buddies. During that visit, I ate till I was so full that I had difficultly walking.haa.. so this time round, I was careful in choosing the dishes.

But since this is a buffet, it means that you can order any amount of a-la-carte food between 11am to 2pm. You get to choose dishes mainly from a list of steamed items, lots of Chinese deep fried food, and some desserts...

and my recommendations are:
In the photo below: 蚝皇叉烧包 Steamed BBQ Pork Buns (Top Left),
上汤小笼包 Steamed dumplings with superior soup (Bottom Right Corner)

Photo below: 芝麻叉烧酥 Baked Sesame BBQ Pork Pies (Top Left, 2 plates of 3s combined),香煎萝卜糕 Grilled Carrot Cakes (2 plates of 2pcs),
湘城鲜虾饺 River City Steamed Shrimp Dumplings (4pcs)
三丝素卷 Deep Fried Vegetarian Spring Rolls (3 pcs)

Close Up of 芝麻叉烧酥 Baked Sesame BBQ Pork Pies, one of my favourite dishes
One of the must tries:
香脆炸鸡翅 Deep Fried Crispy Chicken Wings
The price is at $12.90++ per person for adults and half price for children, on weekdays but plus the small plate of peanuts and such, the bill is about $17 per person... Not very cheap actually...in all, the food are quite nice, and I would give it a rating of 3.5 out of 5...

No comments: